OBJECTIVES OF DEPARTEMENT
- The impart commerce curriculum the students joining the course.
- To develop the abilities and bring a good change in the student’s over all personality.
- To inculcate ‘value concept’ among the students of this discipline for ensuring a better quality in students leaving this institution.
- To strive for updating curriculum to be taught and evaluated by pursuing the academic bodies.
- To train the students of commerce from this institution to professional
The curriculum of the M.Com courses underwent changes during 2012-2013 to 2016-2017. Until the academic year 2015-2016, the course was affiliated to Andhra University Vishakhapatnam, and the syllabus framed by the PG Board of Studies was followed in letter and spirit. After the establishment of Adikavi Nannya University, Rajamahendravaram the under graduate courses were affiliated to this university initially. From the academic year 2016-2017 orders were issued by Government of AP to transfer the PG courses from the purview of Andhra University to Adikavi Nannaya University. Presently the curriculum prescribed by Adikavi Nannaya University is being adopted. The subjects of study semester-wise are enlisted bellow.
· Admission of the students on the basis of rank obtained in AKNUCET examination from 2016-2017.
· Orientation classes for introducing students to the work culture of the department.
· Class room instruction and interaction with students.
· Use of Power point
· Preparation of Academic plans for each semester.
· Periodical review of academic progress in Departmental meetings
· Class room seminars and discussions organized for the benefit of the students
· Guest lectures by eminent persons in the respective fields.
· Discussion of Questions from old Question Papers
· Conduct of unit tests for assessing the level of performance of students.
· Remedial coaching for pulling up the students who are lagging behind
· Study projects by students for bringing out the hidden talents
· Ward counseling for students
· Permitting faculty to participate in orientation and refresher courses for updating their knowledge.
· Deputation of faculty members to national and international seminars
- Ward counseling system with 20 students allotted for each faculty member. Regular meetings for identification and suggestion of remedies to the problems of students.
- Remedial couching for the benefit of students lagging behind academically.
- Departmental Library to cater to the specific needs of students.
- Semisters and extension lectures for equipping the students with the latest developments in the respective fields.
- Extensive participation of faculty members and students in Swatcha Bharat Programme.
- Class room seminars and group discussions to provide a platform for improving communication skills.
- Study projects by students are supervised by the faculty.
- Students of the department represented the college and university in intercollegiate and interuniversity sports and games.
- Alumni of the department occupying coveted positions in the society.
Post – Graduation students of commerce have the following career Opportunities.
- M.Phill and Ph.D Programmes.
- C.A., I.C.W.A., C.M.A. Programmes.
- Software Training Courses
- Officer & Clerical Cadre jobs in Commercial Banks.
- Lecturers in Educational Institutions/Colleges.
- Employment in Government Services.
- Employment in Pubic Sector Undertaking.
- Employment in Private Sector.
- Self-Employment Schemes
- To undergo minor and major research Projects by faculty.
- To conduct life skill development programmes regularly.
- To establish Communication Lab.
- To make the Department vibrant and a Hub for ‘Enterpreneurship’ and ‘Placement’.
- To collaborate with other Organizations for research and Consultancy.
- To arrange entrepreneurs meet to give training for M.Com students in manufacturing cadle, soaps, instant stick, etc.
- To organize entrepreneur meet – SWOT analysis of different industries.
- To arrange training to self Help Group members for maintenance of accounts in basic knowledge of Electronic Banking.
- To arrange industrial group to students for getting knowledge of industries.
- To Conduct International Seminars/ Conferences.
STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Three students of the department awarded Prathibha Puraskars by Govt of AP. Namely K.Mounica,D.Vijaya Sree,P.Chinna Ramesh.
- The Andhra Bank Gold Medal is awarded in recognition of the merit at the 83rd & 84th combined convocation of Andhra University held on 29th july 2017.